1 the reestablishing of cordial relations [syn: rapprochement]
2 getting two things to correspond; "the reconciliation of his checkbook and the bank statement" [syn: balancing]
- The reestablishment of
friendly relations; conciliation or rapprochement.
- He longed for reconciliation with his estranged father, but too many painful memories kept him from making contact again.
- A Roman Catholic sacrament involving contrition, confession, punishment and absolution; penance.
- Process of matching and comparing figures from accounting records against those presented on a bank statement.
the reestablishment of friendly relations; conciliation or rapprochement
A Roman Catholic sacrament involving contrition, confession, punishment and absolution; penance
Process of matching and comparing figures from accounting records against those presented on a bank statement
Reconciliation may refer to:
- Reconciliation (Josefina de Vasconcellos), a sculpture by Josefina de Vasconcellos
- Bank reconciliation
- Reconciliation bill
- Reconciliation (Accounting)
- Confession, or Reconciliation, a Christian (primarily Roman Catholic and Orthodox) sacrament in which a priest proclaims forgiveness of confessed sin
- Reconciliation (family law)
reconciliation in German: Versöhnung
reconciliation in Dutch: Verzoening
reconciliation in Polish: Pokuta
acceptance, accommodation, accord, accordance, acquiescence, adaptation, adaption, adjustment, agreement, amity, appeasement, arbitration, assimilation, attunement, coaptation, comfort, compatibility, compliance, composure, compromise, conciliation, concord, conformance, conformation other-direction, conformity, congruity, consistency, content, contentedness, contentment, conventionality, coordination, correspondence, detente, ease, entire satisfaction, euphoria, flexibility, fulfillment, happiness, harmonization, harmonizing, harmony, integration, keeping, line, making up, malleability, mollification, obedience, observance, orthodoxy, pacification, peace of mind, placation, pliancy, propitiation, rapport, rapprochement, reconcilement, regulation, resignation, reunion, satisfaction, satisfying, settlement, squaring, strictness, synchronization, timing, traditionalism, understanding, uniformity, well-being